To make our weekday mornings easier, we plan ahead, and aim to include some grain/bread, dairy, protein and fruit and vegetables in our lunchboxes to make a well balanced meal.
Our Favourite Freezable Lunchbox Ideas
- Make a batch of smoothies with fresh fruit and yoghurt, and freeze them for when required. (Our Sinchies reusable pouches are perfect for this!)
- Sandwiches: Choose your favourite bread and fillings and you’re good to go! Some ideas for sandwiches: Ham and cheese, chicken mayo, tuna mayo, leftover mince, sliced roast meat with tomato.
- Muffins, sweet or savoury. (Check out our article on savoury muffins)
- Muesli bars. Make your own so that you can keep control of your children’s sugar intake and cater for any allergies they may have
- Left over pizza. What child isn’t going to love pizza in their lunchbox?
- Meatballs. Another childhood favourite
- Date balls. There are many healthy recipes on the internet for you to try and they are full of goodness for your kids
- Sausage rolls
Do you have any ideas to add to the list? We’d love to hear about them.