Chocolate smoothies are a good alternative to chocolate milkshakes. They can also be infinitely tastier making them a good addition to lunchboxes. The only tricky part is finding chocolate smoothies recipes that you like best.
In order to make the task of finding your favourite chocolate smoothie recipe a bit easier, I’ve done a little bit of research and found three chocolate smoothie variations from other South African blogs.
Chocolate Smoothie Recipe One
Everyday Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie
Credit: The Honest Spoon
Breakfast is important, but so is time. That’s why this quick and easy breakfast wins the day. Also, chocolate.
- 1 Chopped and frozen banana
- 3/4 Cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons whey protein powder or similar
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and serve
Add some water if it’s too thick.
Add another banana for a thicker smoothie bowl.
Add 1/4 avocado for an even creamier texture.
Chocolate Smoothie Recipe Two
Choc Banana Smoothie
Credit: Life’s a Treat
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder optional
- 1 tablespoon almond/macadamia/peanut butter optional
Blend and enjoy
Chocolate Smoothie Recipe Three
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
Credit: The Glam Unicorn
- 1 banana
- 1/3 yoghurt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of raw cacao powder
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened nut butter
Dice banana and add to blender
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth
Head over to our shop to buy some smoothie pouches for your family.